Thursday, December 17, 2009

Darkness is the Night

But it's still light! I have to go to sleep soon, but it's still light. I have camp boot part deux finale tomorrow. And for once, I am going to go to sleep at the right time, to kick arse tomorrow! My trainer tells me it's going to be tough, and Wednesday session was apparently medium, even though I thought at one stage my oats were going to resurface. But i'm loving it! I promise!

Here are a few things to mention...

I got a pre camp boot plan of my trainer, as initially i was not sure i was up to it. It was a lot of interval training, 30 mins at a time. Did wonders!

MONTHS of my regular spin classes paid off in spades, I learned they helped my running immensely, and oddly enough my arms- they have tone! I have not been to a class since camp boot, but will be back on Christmas Eve for my last one for the year, can't wait.

I can carry my groceries home easier - (i take 4 flights of stairs to my apartment - there is no lift.), I can walk up most hills without realising they are actually hills.

I can run hills, and I enjoy it.

I can sprint.

I'm still at the back of the pack, but i've caught up alot, and even passed some people a few times.

I learnt you MUST eat before exercise, even if I have to be awake at 5am rather than 5.20 - Seriously. It makes SO much difference!

I ran up hills when it was freezing, windy and raining by the end of the session I realised there is no excuse, weather wise. Unless it's a blizzard. And I wear glasses people, just be careful going up and down stairs!

If you have a question about anything, let me know!

Thanks for your support!

:-)

1 comment:

Vic said...

I am very very very proud of you!! Well done chickee!!