Sunday, July 26, 2009

Bake Off!

I was content to spend the day in bed today, with a book, snoozing and generally being lazy. But I caught sight of some Wellington sunshine, and hauled myself out of bed and to the market. I picked up a few vegetables and some fruit (the selection this week looked quite battered, so I didn't get as much as I normally would, but enough nonetheless.

Inspired by Susan's reviews of Napa Valley wines, I nipped into the wine store, but they informed me they had no American wines, and only actually had one bottle, but at $56 I passed. The guy did advise me that one place in town might have some, so I will head there and hopefully find some to try soon.

Today has turned out to be quite productive, I made my first ever batch of cupcakes! (They are going to work tomorrow) Actually two batches. They are red velvet, and regular ones with bright pink icing (I'm not adept with food colouring or icing things in general, but I'm really impressed with myself.



Now I just need to get some more motivation to finish my laundry, organise my gym gear, and tidy up my baking dishes!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Cute! Too pretty to eat. I'd love to try red velvet :)

Runner Leana said...

Ohh, I love red velvet cupcakes! Funny, I run around looking for wines from NZ all the time!!

Vic said...

Umm.. its Tuesday and I haven't seen any food on here.. where is it?? are you not eating?? are you ok ???