Sunday, October 11, 2009

When the Earth Goes WRONG

We had an earthquake yesterday - 4.8. My apartment really rocked, growled and swayed. It scared the living beejesus out of me and my friend that was over. I also just found out that the faultline (one of them, yeah there are more!) is seriously close to where I live.

So I spent today started to think about being organized more, if it were to happen again, and just generally know what to do. I was quite frightened by my ignorance about what to do afterward, and I know it wasn't that big, but seriously my place at least rattled a lot. And I was very unprepared!

Breathe!

1 comment:

Anne said...

There seems to be a lot of seismic activity these days. I live in an earthquake zone too and know that weird feeling when you realize it's the ground causing things to sway. You're very good to get organized and be prepared...just in case.