Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Swamped

I finish up at work on Friday, so finishing up everything is really full on. I can't wait for the week off.

Thank you for all the comments in the previous post, going to sit down with my trainer and go over things in the next week or so. I'm very much and all or nothing kind of person, and I want to do EVERYTHING. Ha.

So far besides work this week, I've been for a run, tried a thai boxing class, and some hot yoga.

Thai Boxing was here. Thoughts? I'm glad I had done boxing before, and my trainer has helped me with my technique. Also there is sometimes nothing better than finishing a hard day or just feeling meh and spending some time hitting it out on the bag. This was my first Thai class, and I learned to kick...the kicking was much more fun than I thought it would be. I went with a friend who has a black belt in karate, so her kicks were much stronger. But we both had fun.

The class was not as intense as I thought it would be, but keeping in mind it was a beginner class, and there was a lot of show then do kind of thing. Whereas my normal class, he does that, but if you already know what he is showing you start. Plus my class is much smaller than the one I attended this week. There were 8 of us in the beginner group, and when we joined the larger group maybe about 20 - but it didn't feel squashed.

Pros: Big space, lockers, cheap towel rental, pro fighters, friendly folk.
Cons: For me it was the intensity, but it is what I am used to.

Cost: It's free for your first class, and they have a price list with casual and plan prices. $2 for towel rental, if you forget yours like I did.

Final Word: Worth a try!

Nite x

No comments: