Friday, January 2, 2009

To Shop

I went shopping today, I was in urgent need of new shirts for work, gym socks (i know!), gym clothing, things like that. The stuff I had before I went shopping, was worn out, and most of my wardrobe consists of black. So I bought no black items of clothing, except for some very nice Puma gym tights (I'm not sure you call them tights, but they are my first "proper" gym clothes, ever. Normally I just gym in non technical pants and tops, but thought with sales on, it might be an idea to try the other side of gym gear.

Over the past few weeks I've also got back into swimming, on a regular basis, mainly it started to help my back get better faster, which it has, but then I forgot how much I enjoyed it, except for the smell of chlorine left on me for the remainder of the day, it's not bad, but there appears to be no shower gel that actually gets rid of the smell off my skin, strange. So with swimming now being included again in my routine, I'm going to need to get new swimmers soon, but my current ones will do for now.

Then to finish off my shopping, I went grocery shopping, got everything I needed, all nice and healthy and fresh (actually it's like that most weeks), but still managed to forget to buy cereal, again. I always swore I would never eat breakfast at work, but gym in the morning killed that, but it also meant that I now eat cereal at least 5 days a week, for someone that used to skip breakfast alot, it's a good move. Weekends I generally brunch out or have toast.

It was a very productive day, i'm almost thinking about going into gym tomorrow morning, i think i'll see how i feel when i wake up though, i only have two days left before I head back to work, and my normal routine, along with improvements begins again, so I should enjoy the 'rest' period.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Good going with the 'non-black' shopping. :)

And I know what you mean about having breakfast at work. I gave in early and made sure I brought in 5 yoghurts 5 pieces of fruit and 1 box of cereal on Monday, and then I was set for the week. Sure saved a fortune in mid morning munchies :) :)