Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The non dip, and half marathon aims

I didn't end up participating in the ocean dip on Sunday, I had done it last year, and it was heaps of fun, and yes bloody freezing. But after running soaking wet on the trails for over an hour, I thought it best to stay inside, and keep warm. If I could have my time again, I would have gone!

I had pt yesterday which was great, and told my trainer my goals for the half marathon.

1. Finish, obviously.
2. Run all of the way except for drink stops, but I'm not going to be stupid if I need to walk, i'll walk.
3. Finish under 3 hours.
4. Anything under 2.40 and i'll be happy.
5. Anything under 2.30 and i'll be stoked!
6. 2.20 is my magic time!

Look folks, I'm not pressuring myself, it's my first one, so it'll be a pb anyway, but it's good to have a goal in mind. I'm going to have fun, I'm going pace myself, and I'm going to have a massage when it's done, and a grin like no other.

Now, if you are local, and you want to come support, that would be super cool. You can stand outside the pool on the bay and throw me some fruit!

:-)

2 comments:

Shauna said...

I'll be cheering in a very long distance manner, woohoo! :)

Mary said...

I very much like that you're already going to reward yourself with a massage when you're done. Go Lucinda!