Friday, March 25, 2011

Vom Vom

The nausea from my medication has set in, currently i'm living on some toast, broth, and peppermint tea and tonight i'm going to attempt a bowl of steamed vegies, with more broth. To be honest I have no appetite and the only reason I am eating is that my medication has to be taken with food three times a day - bye bye snacks. Although I did also manage an apple today, good times.

I've made an appointment to see the dietician and metabolic typing dude next week and the week after. I'll feel better when I have a better idea what I need to not eat and can eat, and how much, and what I can use to now fuel my runs.

I'm also going to work on having less stressful lifestyle, not that it is epic, but I do work ALOT, I generally do work through my lunchbreak, more out of habit than anything else, oh and the rather high workload, but yeah really more out of habit. So I am going to try and reorganise the way I do things both at home, work and socially.

Home
We are getting a cleaner. Never thought I would ever get one, but we are.

Thinking about getting the bulk of my groceries delivered - thinking have not got there yet - i'm not going to be eating that much, so it may also be a waste and I may be better off just going in to shop.

Going to the market every Sunday - to get all my fresh vegies and fruit.

Having time away from the laptop and social media for a few hours each night, and doing other things like reading, travel planning, doing nothing, stretching, talking to people.

Making my bedroom more homely - yeah I'm moving later this year but it doesn't mean it needs to look half lived in for that time.

Buying a foam roller and using it at home, it really would help if I used one at the gym and at home.

Work

Take my lunch break, everyday.

Organise my desk, it's pretty well organised, but I think it could be better.

Plan to cut back hours at second job, yeah i'm still pondering that. Will need to look at my budget at see when this will be possible.

Other

Read more

Try new running routes - when my foot gets better, yes, I'm still stuck on the treadmill.

Venture out in Wellington more, if it's to do more things socially, attend a yoga class, a play, poke about in a shop, just get out there a bit more.

I don't necessarily want to increase the amount of things I'm doing, but I do want to focus on things that are not going to bring any more stress or havoc. I can't control everything, but I can work on making my life more enjoyable in so many ways.

There will of course be more changes as time goes on.

What would you suggest? What worked for you?

3 comments:

Kate said...

How are you feeling lovely? Is that nausea easing at all? Thinking of you!

Kate said...

p.s. I should really say that your running has inspired me so much, so thank you for that!

Mandie said...

Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you about some broken links on your site. Please email me back and I would be happy to point them out to you.

Thanks!
Mandie Hayes
mandie.hayes10@gmail.com